Taxes can be stressful for a number of reasons, whether it’s owing money to the IRS, trying to navigate complicated tax laws, stressing over looming deadlines, or just trying to find and organize all of your receipts.
We’re not accountants and unfortunately can’t help with all of those stressors. But we do have a bookkeeping workbook for bloggers designed to help you simplify your record-keeping process so you’ll be ready for tax time!
Bookkeeping workbook for bloggers
Whether you’re scrambling to organize your 2019 receipts or looking ahead to 2020 taxes, this free bookkeeping workbook is designed to help you simplify the record-keeping process.
This powerful workbook not only helps to organize your business finances but will also calculate your monthly and year-to-date income and show you what percentage of your income and expenses are associated with each category you create. It also allows you track your earned income or accounts receivable so you can see what’s outstanding at a glance.
Updated 2020 tax deadlines
As you probably know, the 2020 tax deadlines have been extended. Please check with your accountant or tax authority for details on your specific situation, but here’s an overview of what we know so far:
- The federal tax filing date for 2019 taxes has been extended from April 15th to July 15th.
- Interest and penalties for the 2019 tax year will not begin to accrue until July 16th.
- The first quarter 2020 estimated payment date has also been extended from April 15th to July 15th.
- However, 2nd quarter estimated payments are still due by June 15th.
- While the federal deadline has been extended, state deadlines vary; you may need to file an extension with your state if you need more time.
Additional tax resources
- Mediavine’s Teal Talk: Taxes for Bloggers with CPA Amy Northard
- Amy Northard’s The Accountants for Creatives®
- 10 Tax Tips for Bloggers from Amy Lynn Andrews
- IRS’s Coronavirus Tax Relief Portal
And don’t forget to grab your free bookkeeping workbook!
- Case study: when WordPress plugin errors impact your blog - May 28, 2020
- Case study: Truth For Life’s Sign in with Apple - May 28, 2020
- Case study: the Fragile Families Challenge andpredictive models - May 13, 2020